Saturday 29 June 2013

Testing, Testing.

I only noticed something tonight. When you upload a music video from YouTube to the blog, you never seem to get the adverts with it. That’s why I’m posting this – which I’ve posted before – just as a test.This one always carries an ad on YouTube.

Having said which, this song is very special to me in a way I find hard to describe. It resonates with something deep inside, and I think it’s because it’s attuned to my taste for the shabbily exotic more closely than any other track. I never tire of it. Whether it’s about heroin, toast, Marmite, a woman, or something else entirely really doesn’t matter. What matters is the adventure.


And on the subject of ads, there’s another thing I noticed tonight. That big one you get at the top of the page when you first load YouTube doesn’t only have a ‘close’ button, it also has one which says ‘expand advert.’ Expand advert? I think that must be the best example of wishful thinking ever.

No comments: