Sunday 23 June 2013

If...

It seems to me that there’s a maxim worth cultivating:

The purpose of life is not to enjoy it, nor even be successful. Ultimately, the only purpose in living is to experience life.

If you can believe that, then all the weight laid upon your shoulders by outrageous fortune and the suffocating machinations of soul-challenged humanity might bring you to your knees, but it will never leave you prostrate. That’s because you will have a viewing platform located somewhere on the edge of your beleagured mind to which you can retire and observe the experience.

But it’s a big ‘if.’

Meanwhile, there’s a song I’ve been wanting to post for several days, by way of dedication and apology to a special person I used to know. If my observational faculty serves me truthfully, it suits her. I only wish I could have helped.

No comments: