Friday 28 June 2013

Keeping my Secret.

I said something to a young librarian today that I usually reserve for dogs, cows and horses:

‘You. Are. Beautiful.’

I don’t think I have ever, at any time in my life, said such a thing to a young woman on such short acquaintance (about half a minute.) In fact, I quite shocked myself. She, on the other hand, seemed mildly pleased but generally unmoved.

So what persuaded me to such impetuous frankness? Why, what she’d just said to me, of course. What else?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did she say you didn't have to pay your library fine?

A few years ago I was walking downtown and a man ran over to me shouting "You are GORGEOUS!". He was referring to Mr. Dog, of course.

n.

JJ said...

Nope. Nothing quite so pragmatic, Nancy. Much nicer. State Secret.

The man sounds like one after my own heart. I've been known to do something similar myself. And Mr Dog most certainly is gorgeous.