Friday 28 June 2013

Being a One Man Trend.

This has nothing to do with Twitter. No; this in continuation of the previous post and a few before it.

I set the alarm for the unholy hour of 6.45 this morning and got up straight away, all ready to take delivery of the new fridge freezer which was due between 7 and 9. This, you might recall, is a replacement for the new appliance which I took delivery of less than three weeks ago, but which turned out to be faulty. You might further recall that the fridge freezer was the eleventh item of equipment which had broken down and needed to be replaced in the last two years.

At 8.25 I got a call from the depot to inform me that the delivery vehicle had broken down, and that delivery would be approximately 1½ hours late. Well of course it had. So tell me: why didn’t I trust the trend and get up at 10 o’clock as usual? Any ideas?

4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

I do believe you're an optimist!

JJ said...

I am actually. No doubt it's why I conditioned myself from early childhood to take the pessimistic view in order to ameliorate the disappointment when things go wrong. It never works, but I still do it.

Anthropomorphica said...

That's because optimism sneaks in and whispers in your ear when you're asleep.

JJ said...

Ah, right. As long as it doesn't dribble!