Monday 11 February 2013

The Phone Fault.

Update on an old post:

My phone line problem was fixed at lunchtime today (the engineer told me it was due to a corroded pole connection in the infamous Bag Lane.) As a result, I expected my painfully slow broadband to be back up to full speed, but it wasn’t. I called my ISP, and they gave me a bit of techno information.

When there’s a fault on the phone network, apparently, the local exchange turns the broadband speed down to minimum, and it comes back gradually and automatically once the network is fully stable again. That can take as long as seventy two hours. I didn’t know that, did you?

So, I don’t suppose there’s anybody in the Shire who reads my blog, but if there is, and if you’ve got a slow internet connection, that’s probably the reason.

No comments: