Friday 8 February 2013

Awareness and Small Mysteries.

Been having trouble working up sufficient interest to make a post today. Too edgy from having the invading Saxon pollute my corner of the Shire. Some people – no, most people – are amazingly unaware, which leads me to propose that a mild form of psychopathy is a central component of the human condition. This is an HSP thing, you understand.

Nevertheless, I was intrigued by the fact of having yet another person come to my blog from Google by searching my name. (It’s an odd fact that if you google ‘JJ Beazley,’ nearly every return is me. JJ Beazley must be an uncommon name.) Anyway, this little fact creates a mystery. Somebody is apparently aware of me and I don’t know who it is. It’s like having somebody call your name out of the darkness, but when you say ‘Who’s there?’ they don’t answer.

Which takes me back to being a kid in primary school. I developed the habit of making a snowball and throwing it over my shoulder in a place where nobody could see me. That meant that nobody – not even me – knew where it had landed, and that meant that I’d created a mystery. It seemed a terribly profound thing to do at the time. Weird kid, eh?

No comments: