Wednesday 6 February 2013

Dog Joy.

I was reminded in Ashbourne today of one thing I do manage to connect with, and which hardly ever fails to bestow a little of that elusive thing called joy.

A young girl was walking along the pavement with a puppy on a lead. The puppy walked a bit, then ran a bit, then stopped and sniffed, then ran some more. And all the time it was looking this way and that, and never was its tail lower than a true vertical, and never did said tail stop wagging at a rate of ten to the dozen, and its thrill at making the acquaintance of every passing human stranger remained unflagging and unbridled.

And guess what: it was mostly white and had a big black patch around one eye. Few things could be a more perfect generator of the joy phenomenon than that, I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joy of dogs is contagious. We could all learn from them.

Hmm, I think we've had this conversation before, haha.

Did you try going to Youtube to listen to that song on my blog? If not, why not try again? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ij59zbvuHZM

JJ said...

No, I didn't. But now you've provided the link, I will. Later.