Saturday 24 November 2018

The Movement Morphing.

I was just listening to Melanie singing Look What They’ve Done to My Song, Ma, and my mind went straight to the hippie movement. It’s hard to believe now that it ever happened. All those people standing up for peace and light and tolerance. ‘Make love, not war,’ they cried as they held out flowers to the good ol’ boys of the National Guard.

And the system crushed it; and the disillusioned gave up and became corporate executives and bankers; and the pecuniary principle held sway; and America gave the world the gift of Trump; and the psychopaths and bullies tightened their grip on humanity, and the world became darker.

But I do believe that the battle is now joined in more subtle ways. I do believe there’s hope that light might ultimately prevail. I do.

No comments: