Saturday 10 November 2018

Falling on Stony Ground.

I put a comment on a YouTube track by Natalia Tsarikova a couple of months ago. It was complimentary, but then digressed in the middle paragraph which read:

I only ever met one Russian woman in my whole life. She was working as a checkout operator in an English supermarket and patted my hand in congratulation when I successfully identified her accent. She didn't look like Natalia, though. I suspect she might have been a goat herder from Siberia, but who can tell?

Now, isn’t that worth 100 likes? It didn’t get any. The man who wrote:

Very Good. Nice song and music…

… got 146. I decided that either YouTube commenters have no taste, or foreign people (foreign to me, that is) just don’t get my sense of humour. (Having said which, a lot of British people don't get my sense of humour either.) But then I console myself with the sure and certain conviction that approbation by all but the chosen few is of no consequence.

No comments: