Thursday 15 November 2018

Looking for Something Different.

There was a programme on one of the TV channels today which had something to do with appreciating our beautiful planet. At one time I would have been highly attracted to such a programme, but the appeal is waning now. I still recognise its visual attributes, but somehow it isn’t enough. These days I’m becoming ever more consumed with the search for other, more intriguing, realities which might or might not co-exist with this one but on different wavelengths.

The difficulty with such a search is that the key to unlocking the door is seemingly held in a part of the consciousness of which most of us are unaware, since western culture doesn’t see fit to advise us on such matters. In my case the difficulties of the past year have led me to sometimes feel that I’m getting close, but then it always vanishes into the distance again.

And there are times when I wish I had more of a sense of conviction to promote the effort, but then I would fear that psychosis really was setting in. For now I suppose I’ll just have to keep an open mind while walking on the far edge of the herd, peering at the darkness in the opposite direction. Maybe the solution is obvious: if there’s no one alive to show me how to look, maybe I need to talk to someone who’s dead.

*  *  *

Nearly time for a beer, and then maybe sleep will bring more of those dreams about crumbling houses and alien places and being a long way from home. And my legs still ache from excessive walking and garden work today.

No comments: