Wednesday 7 November 2018

A Flawed Aspiration.

I sometimes amuse myself through the empty evening hours by reading the profiles of other bloggers whose listed favourites have something in common with mine. I suppose I’m curious to know whether Hermione Granger is hiding among the flotsam and jetsam of mankind, playing hide and seek for amusement now that Hogwarts has faded into the ether of history and she’s been cast adrift among the muggles. I haven’t found her yet – and never expect to. I suspect her cloak of invisibility is sewn tightly shut and that the nargles are probably behind it.

What I did find tonight was a woman who listed among her interests the desire to inspire others to fulfil their hopes and dreams in life. I find that arrogant, didactic, presumptuous and ego-driven. It seems to me that inspiring others is fine as long as you don’t do it consciously. It’s fine as long as you do it by simply being yourself. Most of all, it’s fine as long as you take no credit for any effect your example might have.

(Tomorrow is scheduled to be a day of inconvenience, discomfort and revelation. Big revelation. I admit to feeling rather more than nervous.)

No comments: