Friday 23 November 2018

Another Film Review.

Merely a trailer to be precise. The new Mary Poppins movie no less, which I've just seen on YouTube. Mmm, let’s see: what’s it got?

I’d say it has less charm than a week-dead codfish and less soul than a flake of eczema from a rabid dog’s nether regions. It’s overprojected and over loud, and Emily Blunt resembles a second rate am-dram thespian as she shamelessly overplays the posh Englishwoman with lots of mouth but no flair. But maybe it wasn’t her fault. Maybe she was acting under the orders of a director who wouldn’t know a posh Englishwoman from an Essex girl on her tenth vodka. Frankly, the only place for this director is in the garbage bin with the discarded kite.

I wasn’t impressed, and neither was I surprised when I learned that it was made by Disney Studios. I seem to be having a dismal time with Disney this week. Or maybe it was just a bad trailer. And I expect everybody will disagree with me. The human race usually does.

No comments: