Wednesday 27 September 2017

Fear and Favour, Japanese Style.

I just finished watching the original Japanese version of Ringu again, so now I want to follow it up by watching Ringu2 as I did before. The problem is that the last time I did that, the TV mysteriously switched itself on about an hour later while I was taking a shower at around midnight. It had never happened before and it’s never happened since.

Admittedly, I didn’t get a phone call immediately afterwards and no vengeful Japanese women with long black hair crawled out of the TV set (and I didn’t die as you might have guessed…) But how do I know the first time wasn’t just a warning? Dare I take the risk?

(Actually, it’s a strange fact that I find those Japanese female ghosts with their long black hair covering the face and their long white dresses covering everything else more sexy than spooky. It’s probably another indication of insipient insanity.)

No comments: