Thursday 14 September 2017

Another Deplorable Day.

I went out today to get a couple of things I needed and was driven (yet again) to abject distraction (literally) by the deplorably dysfunctional state of British commerce. I decline to go into the whole story since I can’t be bothered and the memory is still painful, but I might just mention the website in which I searched ‘headphones + microphone’ and was offered an appealing display of mops and mop buckets. That particular example is beginning to seem mildly amusing five hours down the line, but at the time it was just the latest in a long list…

I might also mention that the level of anger and enervating frustration reached such a pitch that the matter of the Lady B’s ghost retired to the furthest corner of my mind and shivered visibly from its sense of relative insignificance. And that really is saying something.

So did anything nice happen today. No. (Apart from meeting a 9-month-old Labrador who was determined to convince me that I was his very best friend. That was nice.)

No comments: