Thursday 3 March 2016

Distracted by Darkness.

I was just finishing up a long return comment on YouTube at 1am when the power went off for about five seconds (it’s definitely another dark and stormy night here.)

It’s quite startling when that happens. There you are sitting in front of a lighted desk, looking through to a lighted kitchen, and typing to a lighted monitor screen, when the world and everything in it disappears into a black void. It’s tempting to wonder whether you’ve died and missed the tunnel that’s supposed to have a light at the end of it.

I didn’t re-type the comment. I decided the universe was rapping my knuckles for:

a. Being a night owl.
b. Trying to be clever.

Instead I wrote ‘I was just finishing a long comment to you when the power went off…’ Never go back.

No comments: