Monday 7 December 2015

Wondering with a Purpose.

I often wonder whether Google has a function in its YouTube server which tells them the average length of time it takes for people to click the Close Ad button when they throw one up across the video (which they do nearly every time.) I also wonder whether companies which make unsolicited sales and marketing calls have the same facility to tell them the average length of time it takes for people to ring off as soon as they hear a recorded announcement, or a South Asian voice saying ‘Good afternoon, sir, and how are you today?’ In my case, I reckon it’s about 1½ seconds for the YouTube ads and 1 second dead for the phone calls. I wonder whether I’m average.

*  *  *

Did you know that the acclaimed British actor Laurence Fox married a woman whose surname was the same as his mother’s maiden name? I wonder whether it indicates an unusual propensity for efficiency on the part of one or the other. I further wonder whether it’s possible to get statistics on how many people die on their birthday. I’d say that such a practice is tidy to the point of suggesting OCD, but I might be wrong. And did you also know that Laurence Fox is first cousin to Emilia Fox, whose picture appears here:

  
If I were an average male, I would now be salivating like a rabid dog. Fortunately, I’m not an average male. Having a Super Ego that is more dominant than my Id, I’m more given to fantasising instead.

*  *  *

And I’m only saying these things because I noticed that my total posts for the year to date amounted to 666, and I wanted to banish any possibility that the Antichrist might be watching me from my monitor screen.

No comments: