Friday 18 December 2015

Shame and Singularity.

I just did a little internet quiz and discovered that my level of alcohol consumption would be considered quite normal in Moldova, but hardly anywhere else. I felt a little ashamed of the fact that I had to Google Moldova to find out exactly where it is.

*  *  *

I also discovered that today is dubbed ‘Mad Friday’ in Britain because alcohol consumption increases substantially on the last Friday before Christmas. Mine doesn’t.

*  *  *

And it seems that there is a spike in the birth rate towards the end of September which demonstrates that there is a concomitant rise in the number of conceptions over the Christmas period. This is considered to be partly due to the increased amount of frisky behaviour fuelled by the extra consumption of alcohol. Yet again I’m out of step, a fact which I ascribe to having always been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

*  *  *

All in all I’m wondering more than ever just what the hell I’m doing here.

No comments: