Sunday 29 March 2015

Breasts and Questions.

On thumbing through the TV listings tonight I came across a programme called Bodyshockers. First on the agenda was ‘A woman who regrets her double G breast implants.’

Question: Am I supposed to know what a double G breast implant is? Is this one of those universally known facts that have passed me by, courtesy of my tendency to be both reclusive and naïve? (‘You mean you don’t know what a double G breast implant is? Where’ve you been all your life?’)

The fact is, I have only a vague idea what a breast transplant is at all, and even less comprehension of why anybody would want to have one. (See? I even get it wrong. I should have said 'implant.' Are they different?)

More questions:

1. Would it be worth asking whether there is such a thing as a double A transplant/implant, or a double X one for that matter?

2. Do the purveyors of such procedures ever have promotions?

Buy One, Get One Free
Have a breast and brain implant at the 
same sitting and get the cheapest free!

Well, maybe this goes some way to explaining it: There was another programme listed called Ibiza Weekender, the synopsis for which reads:

Imogen discovers that Jordan has set his sights on Rachael and the two girls have an almighty showdown.

I see a duel in the dust at high noon: enhanced breasts at fifty paces; first to get both barrels on target wins.

I suspect this all says more about the culture than it does about the quality of TV programming. Or maybe it just says more about me than I care to admit.

No comments: