Wednesday 25 March 2015

A Modern Addiction.

1.10 am: I edited a post and clicked Update.

Error. Try again.

I tried again, and again and again. No good.

And then I noticed that my internet connection had dropped out, so I turned the power off and on again. Still no good, so I turned the power off and on again… again. Mmm… Call the ISP.

‘I have no internet.’

‘What’s your phone number?’

‘***** ******’

‘Routine maintenance, 1-6 am.’

‘So it’s going to be off all night?’

‘Could be.’

‘Shit!’

Periods of blank, followed by periods of idle musing, followed by games of Free Cell and Solitaire, followed by Thinks: Sometimes it isn’t off all that long.

It came back on at 2.15. Jump straight into YouTube and pick up some music. Relief. Balm to the soul. Update the post. Phew.

Pathetic, isn’t it? Whatever happened to the days of hunter-gathering?

No comments: