Thursday 17 July 2014

Inevitably Taking Sides.

I just saw a photograph of some Palestinian children in tears and looking terrified. My barrier against such images is growing thin and ineffectual these days, and so they send me into a tailspin heading down towards the depths of despair.

We all know what I’m talking about, and please, please, don’t anybody tell me there are two sides to every story. Yes, I know there are, but sometimes the balance is so skewed in favour of the rich and powerful that you would have to be either terminally dumb or exclusively obsessed with pecuniary considerations (like several western banks and corporations which – directly or indirectly – foster the Israeli ‘cause’) not to see it. Some things are just so patently evil that you can’t simply sit on the fence.

No comments: