Wednesday 16 July 2014

Another Term Coined.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit’
~ Desiderata.

I encountered some in Ashbourne today: three men – a teenager and two others around thirty. They were yawping, hollering and swaggering as such people do, not offering any obvious physical menace, but just being objectionable.

It seemed to me that such people are highly dependent on the Id, being usually less endowed with Ego (in Freudian terms, of course) and wholly deficient in the faculty of Super Ego. I decided that there should be a noun to suit the type, and came up with ‘Iddites.’ I like it; I do. Spread the word.

It also occurred to me that a typical Iddite would probably regard a person like me as inferior. That’s OK. They have their thick skin; I have my own defence.  

No comments: