Thursday 28 July 2022

Spotting the Signs.

I was sitting in my garden at around 8 o’clock this evening when I heard a loud, unfamiliar sound approaching from the north. I looked up to see the RAF Red Arrows aerobatics display team flying low over my garden. They were in double chevron formation – five in the front and three in the rear. That was quite a thrill.

But then I remembered that a few nights ago I’d seen three military operational helicopters flying along the river valley about a mile from my house. That was unusual, too, and this in the week when I’d seen a hawk standing on my bird table staring at me for the first time ever. I began to wonder whether there was something ominous about the coincidence of a hawk and the military making unfamiliar appearances, especially as I had a YouTube recommendation a couple of nights ago for a video entitled ‘What do you do when a hawk is performing your surgery?’

I’ve often heard it said that we should try to recognise the signs presented by the occurrence of synchronicity, but I have no idea where to start looking.

No comments: