Wednesday 20 July 2022

Being a Hopeless Case.

I haven’t been near the computer tonight because I’ve been watching the women’s footie – England vs Spain in the quarter final of Euro. It went to extra time and we won in dramatic fashion, at which point I did my usual trick of becoming the world’s most incorrigible softie.

It was the tears that did it, the tears of all those young Spanish women who’d played their hearts out and very nearly won. The problem is, you see, that they were visibly suffering and I can’t stand seeing people suffer (especially when the sufferers are a bunch of fine Spanish ladies – cue the song), and so I fill up with sympathy and begin to wish we’d lost. I wonder whether the powers-that-be will do me the kindness of allowing me to be a psychopath next time around.

No comments: