Saturday 23 July 2022

On Being Neurotic.

I’ve mentioned a few times that this year has produced an unusual number of firsts. Well, today produced another one: I saw a sparrow hawk standing stock still on the bird table.

I’ve seen them in around the garden a few times over the years, but never on the bird table. And it wasn’t quite standing stock still either; its left foot kept twitching and I was quite sure that one of my little friends had been caught and was trapped between the hawk’s talons. Apart from the twitching foot, however, it was still as a stone statue.

For several minutes I watched it through the window while the hawk stared resolutely back at me with those hard, unfeeling eyes they have. It was both spooky and intimidating. And, me being me, I began to think ‘omen.’

Still no results from the CT scans.

No comments: