Sunday 4 October 2020

The Little Tea Bag Tale.

Something odd happened this morning. After I got up I went into the kitchen to make a mug of tea and followed the usual routine:

Put some water into the kettle, switch it on, take the mug which has been standing on the drainer overnight with a little water in it, throw away the old water and rinse the mug, place the mug on the worktop, take the tea bag container from the cupboard, remove a tea bag and place it in the mug. But here’s the interesting bit:

When I came to place the teabag into the mug, there was already a fresh, dry teabag lying in it. So how can that be? I can think of only two explanations:
 
1. Some other-worldly or other-dimensional being did the job for me.

2. I performed the same action twice within seconds of each other but only remembered doing it once.

Both possibilities are intriguing, just in different ways. And do bear in mind that of all the odd things which have happened in this house, the majority happened in the kitchen.

No comments: