Friday 2 October 2020

Don and the Disease.

I see dear old Donald has got Covid. Or so they say. I’d be disappointed if there’s even a single person in America who isn’t asking the question: ‘Has Trump really got Covid, or is this a lame attempt to get the sympathy vote?’

Well, maybe he has, or maybe there’s another possibility. I gather there are plenty of people of Republican persuasion who have serious misgivings about their beloved leader, and I very much doubt that Russia is the only country where political undesirables in positions of influence come to untimely ends.

Am I being unduly cynical? That’s a matter of opinion; I’m only considering possibilities. Better that than be naïve. It seems to me that people generally, at least here in the west, are becoming ever more cynical, and people like Trump are part of the reason.

No comments: