Thursday 1 October 2020

An Evening Muse.

I’ve had an unusually busy, active and productive day today. By six o’clock this evening I was minded to think that it had even been a successful one, which is almost unheard of for me. And then I got a text message from a denizen of the corporate world. Oh dear, here we go again…

Still, at least the bounteous moon is beginning her majestic ascent into a cold and cloudless sky. I can see her peeking through the baring branches of the hedge beyond my kitchen window. I like seeing the full moon hiding behind things. I expect I could even work out why if I could be bothered. 

(I’m very interesting, aren’t I?) 

Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to Maria Sondule of Pittsburgh. I seem to recall she had Argentinean antecedents, which probably means that she knows how to tango. I’ve heard it said that it takes two to tango, but I’m entirely unschooled in such matters. It occurs to me that she might have married a successful businessman and become a Trump supporter.

Time to put an extra layer on. My office is turning a little chilly, and woollen jackets are cheaper than electricity.

No comments: