Sunday 12 May 2019

Trial by Social Visitor.

If anybody is wondering why I haven’t made a blog post yet today (which I very much doubt) blame the social visitors. I said they were coming, didn’t I? And so they did, and here’s an inventory of the problems which they visited upon the peaceful and well ordered life of the loner known as JJ:

  1. They encouraged me to talk so much that at times I wondered whether they had homes to go to and whether I had the lung capacity to survive the ordeal.
  2. They hung around so long that I was nearly two hours late having my dinner – and on the very day when I had ironing to do afterwards.
  3. They walked roughshod on the hallowed turf of my lawn in the pretext of looking to see what flowers I was growing.
  4. They made a war zone of my treasured routines. I was sitting in the sunshine drinking tea at precisely the time when my biological secretary kept insisting that I should have been doing something else.
  5. They used my bathroom which I’d only cleaned a week ago (and dried their hands on the fresh towel which I’d only put there yesterday.)
  6. They cost me four tea bags. Four!
  7. I had to put all the cushions straight on the sofa after they’d gone.

So was it good to see them? Yes, but that isn’t the point.

No comments: