Wednesday 22 May 2019

Moan Mode.

Today was a crappy day. It was one of those days when lots of things happen and they’re all crappy.

‘We can’t do that,’ mumbled the young guy on the phone whose level of articulation matched that of a chimpanzee on his third double vodka, and who had evidently not yet received his copy of the be helpful to customers because we kind of need them, you know?’ training manual.

‘Why can’t you do that?’

‘We just can’t.’

‘Don’t give me the ‘we just can’t’ stuff. Give me the rationale. Tell me why you can’t.’

That kind of crappy day. There was lots more. Tomorrow carries its own worry, and Thursday has the potential to be another crappy one.

Do you know, I struggled to walk to the post box and back today. The post box is a quarter of a mile away. I have a GP appointment next Tuesday.

No comments: