Sunday 2 October 2016

Riding Music into Magic.

Sorry to post another musical track so quickly after the last one, and from the same album to boot, but I can’t resist it. This is something else. This is something extraordinary. I just listened to it and remembered that it was my favourite track when I had the album all those years ago. So here’s some serious advice:

Get yourself a big joint and put this track on loud (only use headphones so as not annoy the neighbours. That’s if you have neighbours. If you don’t, fill your world with it.) Take hold of the nearest member of the opposite sex to whom you’re attracted (mustn’t be family and must be consensual) and hang on tight. Don’t do anything, just hang on tight. Take the ride. Pretend you’ve died and landed on the other side.

It’s nearly ten minutes long, but I can virtually guarantee that it will seem like an eternity in a dark, mysterious and magical world. If it doesn’t, roll another joint and try again.

OK, this is just me giving vent to an alluring fantasy, but it’s worth a try, isn’t it?  Compelling rhythms and melodies meld with sounds that don’t belong anywhere but in the deepest parts of the wildwood where forces from another world come out to play.

Of course, if you’re a fan of Howard Keel or Daniel O’Donnell it probably won’t work. And I assume Justin Bieber fans never read this blog. Otherwise…

No comments: