Wednesday 13 April 2016

Rueing the Wrong Impression.

Seems I made an impression on a young lady today. She was about two years old and refused to walk past me with her mother and grandmother. Her mother pointed at me and said ‘doggie,’ but it didn’t help.

Shortly before that, the rather older young woman in the coffee shop maintained her habit of treating me like something the cat brought in (having first devoured and regurgitated it.) I can only put it down to the fact that I once enquired after her accent, since she didn’t sound local. Maybe that’s enough to attract the epithet ‘creepy’ these days. We are, after all, living in strange times.

Or maybe I should stop talking to strangers. Then again, it might be my scrufty dog hairstyle. I’m having it cut tomorrow, so let’s see what next week brings.

No comments: