Monday 18 April 2016

Life, Siblings, and Japanese Motivation.

There are times, like now, when I can read any old blog post I choose and want to disown it because it wasn’t written by the person I am at the moment. I’ve always been like that – a host of different people all inclined to reject their siblings (although we do share some personality traits.) I used to think everybody else was the same, but I don’t expect they are.

So anyway, tonight I watched a detective drama in which the solution to the mystery came when the man in charge of the investigation discovered that the name Zoe means ‘life’ in Greek. They could just have come to me and asked, couldn’t they, since I’ve had an odd fixation with the name Zoe for quite a long time. It’s one of those personality traits most of the siblings share.

Alas young Zoe. I knew her, Horatio. A woman of infinite…

… but that would be telling.

Tonight’s Me is into mysteries, melancholy and blue Stilton cheese. Blue Stilton is expensive, which is why I don’t have any.

And I’ve been in correspondence with a person connected with a splendid Japanese marimba ensemble called Remix. I’m told they formed it to show people the beauty of the sound of wood. What a very Japanese thing to do. And while I’m on the subject of things Japanese, I still don’t understand why so many of their ghost stories are set in ladies’ lavatories. (I’ve been watching some again on YouTube by way of bed time relaxation.)

No comments: