Friday 8 April 2016

A Summons Happily Answered.

Following on from the last post about the disappointment of the lambs, tonight’s little encounter was anything but disappointing.

I’ve been concerned about the bats during the recent chilly spell. Would they handle the cold? Would there be enough food around? April’s capricious nature must be a bit of a problem to bats fresh out of hibernation and needing to build up fat reserves, and I’d only seen an occasional lone one up until tonight.

He (or she) was back this evening, and so I said to him (or her): ‘I wish you’d bring the family with you so I know they’re all right.’ He flew away, but about ten minutes later he reappeared, closely followed by a second, and then a third.

Need I say that I was about as beside myself with joy as I ever get these days?

No comments: