Tuesday 14 April 2015

Well, Wouldn't You?

I’ve been quite unable to find anything to say today, but I just thought of three snippets (blame the beer if you think they’re not worth saying.)

1. Is there anything on God’s earth more tedious, disingenuous and just plain nauseating than politicians at election time? You’d think they’d have the sense to realise it and go away, wouldn’t you?

2. I had my ear nuzzled repeatedly by a very beautiful horse this afternoon. I got her number straight away, of course. She wanted me to feed her handfuls of the fresh grass growing on my side of the gate, which I did willingly. I’m a sucker for having my ear nuzzled, you know; always was. Nuzzle my ear and my mess of pottage is yours without argument. You’d think I would have learned by now, wouldn’t you?

3. I watched a TV programme tonight which reminded me that my mother once suspected me of being a notorious serial killer who the police were having trouble identifying, much less catching. Admittedly, there were certain circumstantial details which corresponded rather creepily, but still. Wouldn’t you think a mother would know her own son better than that? They caught him eventually and it wasn’t me. I expect she was relieved. (Or maybe she was disappointed that I wasn’t a celebrity after all.)

No comments: