Sunday 12 April 2015

See Emily Play.

Just in case anybody has arrived on this post expecting a piece about the 60’s pop song, let me stop you now. It’s actually about a beautiful woman playing the piano with dead but sensitive hands, as well as the game of togetherness with dead but marvellously expressive eyes.

(I had another post lined up based on something else I saw on YouTube. It was to be a reasoned argument about how some people who wear the liberal tag can actually be more bigoted than the people they call bigots. Phew! That would have taken some careful wording, right? I decided against it because I’m tired of being serious, especially late at night. And I’m tired of other people being serious – like the Brit who claimed that ‘we all hate America’ and the American who said ‘so what’s wrong with guns and ammo being sold in supermarkets?’ I’m fast coming to the conclusion that Bedlam is the only sane and safe place to be.)

But back to Emily. I seem to have a thing about Emilys. My beautiful Border Collie was called Emily, and so was my favourite Brontë sister. The Emily in this clip is also very beautiful. How the hell people can rave about Keely Hawes (whoever she is – she appeared on another YouTube clip) is beyond me. The music isn’t bad either. And then there's the dog... Don't forget to notice the dog.

No comments: