Monday 13 April 2015

Vaguely Connected Notes.

While reading an old post, it just occurred to me that Amelie is probably France's most potent export (or at least its best ambassador.)


So now I'm wondering whether Amelie is the French version of Emily.

*  *  *

I had another strange dream when I fell asleep by the fire tonight. I was woken up suddenly as though I'd been shaken, and then I smelt something which was familiar but which I couldn't identify. Eventually I did: it was the scent of jasmine - the real thing growing on the plant. It's a very pungent scent, and one I've smelt only once in my life, until tonight. There is no jasmine plant in my house.

*  *  *

And I saw the first two lambs of the season today. They're not quite this big yet, but they soon will be.


Their mother looked very smug.

No comments: