Thursday 30 April 2015

Bits of Blue and Bad Plots.

It’s been a curious sort of day. In spite of being made very angry by the way I’m being treated by certain parties, and in spite of being a little worried by the onset of a physical malfunction the like of which I’ve never known, there were a few breaks in the clouds:

1. I haven’t been eating much for the past three days, so at least I’m losing weight.

2. I met the two most beautiful dogs I’ve ever seen. Their humans told me they were German Shepherd/Malamute crosses. The decision to cross them (unless it was accidental) was certainly inspired.

3. I discovered a delightful new beer called Hopping Hare by Badger Ales. It claims to be ‘crisp and zesty’, and so it is.

4. I think I finally got to the reason why I’ve been unable to stay with the same woman for longer than seven years - and usually rather less than that. (Not that the knowledge is much help. Too late, you see. When I finally encountered the one who would probably have transcended the difficulties, there were too many impediments. But let’s not spoil the bits of blue up there.)

5. I wrote a silly ditty which included the lines I’d like to wine and dine her, ’cos her mother comes from China. Lines don’t come much more inspired than that, do they? And all because of a chance encounter in Ashbourne. Weird world.

*  *  *

On a completely unrelated note, I’ve been watching the Geraldine McEwan recordings of Agatha Christie’s Marple over the past couple of weeks. I still have one to go. They’re very entertaining and the late Geraldine is delightful, but I never realised before just how laughably implausible Agatha Christie’s plots are. Has no one noticed?

No comments: