Wednesday 1 April 2015

Being Suspicious of Random Acts.

The self-service tills at Sainsbury’s were all down today when all I had to buy were some cheese rolls and a jam doughnut for my lunch. I grumbled, naturally, and went to stand in a queue at one of the main checkouts.

The woman in front had a trolleyfull.

‘Is that all you’ve got?’ she asked. ‘You go ahead of me.’

‘Thank you.’

The woman in front of her already had a big load of shopping on the belt.

‘You haven’t got much,’ she said sympathetically. ‘You go first.’

‘Thank you.’

That’s three random acts of kindness in less than a week (remember the driver who left a gap in the traffic to let me cross?) I’m beside myself with confusion, not to mention a little worried that I might look like the sort of person who needs a random act of kindness.

No comments: