Saturday 24 January 2015

Cheating on the Priestess & a Note on Shell Shock.

I have a couple of little problems. Anybody who has been reading this blog for any length of time will know how important the priestess used to be to me. Problem No.1: she still is, even though she doesn’t want to be. Problem No.2: I’ve promised to remain silent from now on, and a promise is a promise so I’m barred by my own standards from commenting on her blog.

But I do so want to comment on her last two. I want to tell her that her astuteness remains intact despite the vagaries of shifts in persona. I want to congratulate her, but I can’t. So what do I do? Well, I could always try making a post of my own in the hope that she will pick up at least a preview in her reading list. Is that cheating?

(Maybe I also want to let off a little steam by revealing that I can’t read anecdotes without seeing them play out in front of my eyes, and demons thrive on a vivid imagination. But that’s my problem.)

Meanwhile, I have a weekend to get through.

Imagine being an HSP type who has to leave the trenches and cross no man’s land, not knowing whether there will be incoming fire and, if there is, whether it will strike or miss. I wonder whether that’s the basis of PTSD. Other HSPs will know what I’m talking about, the rest won’t.

No comments: