Monday 7 April 2014

If all else Fails...

I had another sales and marketing call today, only this time it wasn’t silent. This time the operator got to me before I hung up. The South Asian accent was very strong.

Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble. How are you today?

I was a little less than honest in my response:

‘I’m sorry, I didn’t understand a word of that. I assume you’re trying to sell me something.’

Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.

‘Well, whatever it is, I don’t want any. Bye.’

How are you today?? Don’t they realise what a terminal turn-off that question is? I’ve heard that Indian call centre operatives are highly intelligent people – usually university graduates, apparently. You’d think they’d know better, wouldn’t you?

Maybe they do; maybe it’s their management who are bit deficient in the brain cell department. That’s usually the way of it.

No comments: