Friday 29 June 2018

The Good, the Bad, and the Danger to Milk.

I sometimes wonder, a little ruefully, how I managed to go from this:

 

…to this:

 
…to this:

  
... without an intervening period of civilisation.

I don’t have a current picture and I wouldn’t post it even if I did. The few people out there who read this blog might have milk within a 100ft radius and I doubt it would stand the strain.

*  *  *

In other news, do you realise that I’ve now had two opportunities to meet the Lady B’s baby and declined both? That’s sad, isn’t it? And all because of a damned epiphany which revealed that I’m not as good at pretending to be human as I thought I was. Actually, there is a second reason but I won't say what it is because I wouldn’t want any troll to be landed with the delusion that they were right about something. They weren’t.

*  *  *

And I had a routine dental appointment today with the incomparable Medeea, a woman possessed of the very rare distinction of being somebody I actually like (quite a lot.) When I mentioned the possibility that this might be my last summer she seemed mildly concerned. That was today’s nice bit. She also told me that I’m not too far off entering the realm of the wrinklies if my road still has a little way to run. She said it’s my fault for smoking. Hey ho. So then I spent a small fortune on a tiny bottle of cannabis oil…

No comments: