Friday 15 June 2018

In Praise of Vindictive Women.

I suspect that part of my current blogging problem has something to do with the fact that I rarely get a full night’s sleep these days, although I did get a good seven hours last night. Actually, that’s not quite true. I was called out of bed once by my urinary tract infection, but that’s an improvement on the more usual twice. (The antibiotics didn’t work, by the way.)

I blame all this on the woman doctor who performed my last cystoscopy back in February. I think she must have been a feminist or something because I’ve never been entirely free of a UTI since. She was the one who asked me whether I’d ever considered giving up smoking, and when I replied in the negative she included the fact in her report to my GP. I thought that a little vindictive, and it’s also irrational because UTIs are one of the few conditions (unlike sore toes, earache and dandruff) which are not claimed to be caused by smoking.

I do apologise if my posts have been rambling and meaningless lately. Do feel free to blame whatever and whoever you like as long as it’s not me.

And have a listen to this if you’ve got nothing better to do. It’s quite rollicking and sung in German. The only word I understand is ‘wind.’ They talk about it a lot in hospitals.

No comments: