Saturday 23 June 2018

Downside.

This cancer/kidney business has taken a depressing toll on my upper body, so much so that the view in the mirror sends my self-esteem to the basement and leaves me preoccupied with the inclination to hide. And if I do go out I can’t even wear my favourite jacket because it always was a touch on the big side for me. Now it would look like a bell tent thrown casually over a scarecrow.

It occurs to me that I need to start building myself up again, but what would be the point? Given the nature of the remaining tests and scans it might be as late as December before I know whether I have a future to accommodate, so why expend the time, effort and money on what might prove to be a lost cause?

*  *  *

Meanwhile, I watched another episode of House tonight. It was about sick babies, one of whom died. My daughter’s first baby was stillborn and I well remember my reaction to it. House is proving a difficult watch.

*  *  *

And I decline to say much about Trump’s latest cheap publicity stunt to justify his policy on migrants except to state the obvious: cheap shots are what little people take when they’ve nothing better to offer.

No comments: