Wednesday 23 November 2016

A Minor Question Answered.

I was asked tonight whether I meditate. The answer is: no.

I went through a phase in my life when I tried diligently to meditate, but it didn’t work. I kept going off on mental journeys and got wrapped up in the experiences. I remember there was one in which I found myself flying over some cliffs and across the sea. I came to an island with a cave at the base into which I flew, and then continued through subterranean caverns before re-emerging and flying back to land. And then I climbed onto the roof of a white building and talked to a crowd of people gathered on the space in front of it. I don’t remember what I talked about; I don’t suppose it matters.

I sometimes wonder whether I should have been a writer.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

I wonder the same thing.

My mom is worried about you. Hope all is well.

JJ said...

Perhaps you would thank your mother for me and tell her there is no cause for concern.