Monday 21 November 2016

A Minor Boast.

I keep getting recommendations on YouTube for a video entitled:

Oldest Humans on earth even older than history (sic)

My limited capacity for rational thought creaks reluctantly into motion, and comes up with:

1. Nothing can be older than history because history is, by definition, everything that has happened so far. I reason that the uploader must have meant ‘recorded history.’

2. But this raises its own issue because there would be no recorded history if humans hadn’t begun the process of recording it. Ergo, humans must have existed before recorded history did.

This is typical of YouTube, and I want to know whether there is any means by which I can annotate my file to the effect that I have a measurable IQ. Hopefully, Google’s system of identifying suitable recommendations will then stop assuming that I don’t.

No comments: