Wednesday 6 November 2013

Another False Dawn.

When I woke up this morning, all the horridness of yesterday had drained away. No chest infection, no sore throat, no fiery sinuses, no snuffling and sneezing. It had all been just a strange 24hr thing that had run its course and gone, apparently.

Oh no, it hadn’t. Within half an hour of walking around Ashbourne, the next set of symptoms was settling in nicely. These are the ancillary symptoms that you get with flu, and include lack of energy, dizziness, weakness, slight nausea, no appetite, tingling skin, and odd aches and pains all over the place, especially in the mouth where several teeth ache simultaneously. So now my theory is that I have the flu, but as long as it gets no worse, it must be a mild form of flu because I had the real thing once and it was pretty horrendous. Either that or my immune system is good at battling the flu virus, which isn’t very likely.

I was going to make pea and potato soup tonight but I can’t be bothered, and I don’t feel like eating anyway. Maybe I’ll have a sandwich later. Maybe I’ll lose weight. Time will tell.

The interesting thing about today, however, is that I had a computer problem which required a visit to the technicians in Ashbourne, followed by a long phone call to my ISP to sort out. You don’t really want problems when you’re feeling like this, do you? You don’t. But that’s what happens, and it seems to be sorted now.

And my only reason for making this post is that I like making posts. What else was there to say in the circumstances, even though I realise that nobody gives a tuppenny toss about my flu or my computer problems? It’s a cruel world...

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

:( Sorry you're feeling ill. Hope you're better soon.

JJ said...

Thanks Andy. It got worse. Can you believe no alcohol last night?! Couldn't face it. Seems to be on the way out now.