Monday 19 April 2010

The Volcano Got Me.

I finally became a victim of the Icelandic volcano today. I put my lunch on the hob to heat up, and then switched on the TV to see whether anything interesting was happening. I arrived in the middle of an extended news report on the consequences of the ash cloud that continues to keep Europe’s airspace closed. I tarried too long, eventually returning to the kitchen where I was met by a smell of burning food and one hell of a mess on top of the cooker. I shook my fist vigorously in the direction of Iceland, before cleaning up the mess and having a belated lunch. I suspect this is a reprisal for the Cod War.

Animals later.

4 comments:

Shayna said...

Be careful with your dinner!

Wizardess said...

Heh. :) Some jets are flying at this point.

JJ said...

Shay: No worries. It was only tomato juice burning on the hob. The only bit of me that got hurt was my self-esteem. What a stupid things to do!.

Wizardess: Nice to hear from you. More to the point, is your blog still a no-fly zone for men? It isn't a matter of fear, you understand, it's just...well...

lucy said...

Ha ha! Love how you "shook your fists vigorously in the direction of Iceland"! :D