Monday 5 April 2010

Aren't Women Clever?

I was in a shop the other day buying wild bird food. It’s a very small shop, owned and run by one woman. She was on the phone at the time, evidently talking about something personal and of great import. She looked distracted.

The food came to £3.10. I didn’t have much small coinage on me and offered her a £10 note, whilst fishing in my pocket for a 10p piece to make the change easier. I didn’t have one, only a 20p which I offered. I didn’t think she would manage the calculation in her distracted state, but she took it without hesitation and gave me change for £2.90. That was really impressive. The facility women have for multi-tasking leaves my poor male brain agog sometimes. If only women could manage logic, I’m sure they could rule the world!

Lowers portcullis and beats hasty retreat to the battlements. Sniggering.

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, JJ, those battlements aren't nearly big enough. Run, JJ, run!

LOL

But you're right about one thing; women don't rule the world. If we did, it would be in much better shape! (Now indulging in my own sniggering).

Shayna said...

Arr, Jeff - if I knew you better I might cuss or call you a cur (Avast, you blackguard!) ~ but since I don't, I will just stay silent and wonder about you.

JJ said...

Hey, Victoria. Hold the trebuchets. The oil isn't quite up to temperature yet.

Shayna, all you need to know is that little boys are congenitally mischievous, and that some men never lose touch with the child inside. It's why we keep getting yelled at well into our dotage (which I haven't QUITE reached yet.)

Wendy said...

What a silver tongue you have Jeff, lol..Yes, we women are clever, sometimes too clever for our own good. It takes a clever man though to recognize a clever woman.

JJ said...

Hello Wendy! I thought you'd gone on holiday or something. Lovely to hear from you. I would have thought twice about posting this if I'd known you were going to read it. You might have some spare clay lying around...

JJ said...

Well, now. I think a world ruled by women would be...different. But then, I think women have more power than they admit anyway; they just exercise it in more subtle ways.

As for the 'sexy' thing, I have to admit a major failing. I've never understood why some women find certain men sexy. Having never been either sexy or powerful myself, no doubt it will remain a mystery. And I'm past it now anyway. Celibacy is a lot less stressful!

Jfromtheblock said...

is it just me, or does 3.10 + 2.90 not equal 10.20

JJ said...

Love you too, GI. Come up to the battlements. You can stir the oil.