Friday 16 April 2010

Seven Things.

With all these intimations of mortality flying about, I got to thinking in the bath about the things I’d like to do before I die. This is what I have so far:

Persuade everybody in the world to start being nice to each other for a change. (I tried to watch Slumdog Millionaire tonight, but switched it off because it was shaking my faith in human nature – again!)

Look twenty years younger when I encounter the delightful Sarah walking her dog along the lane.

Meet the guys who wrote Father Ted and tell them what a pair of geniuses they are. (Be honest, the idea of having the idiot Dougal persuading the bishops to apostatize can’t be that far short of genius.)

Find a shop that gives away bottles of Talisker to anybody who can recite Albert and the Lion.

Be able to talk like Keith Wood whenever the fancy takes me.

Find a way of getting my little wild rabbit pals to eat the tops off only some of my carrots.

Invent a device that stops underpants turning inside out in the washing machine.

I stopped at seven. Seven is a good number.

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Nothing short of inspirational.

JJ said...

Excuse me! If you were from Liverpool, this would definitely be sarcastic. But northern California? Mm. Not sure.

The post merely demonstrates the limited spectrum of an impoverished mentality.

So maybe you're right. I forgive you.