Thursday 1 April 2010

Is This a Blog?

So... I was about to go to bed last night when an interesting e-mail came in from a publisher. I decided to answer it, and had an extra scotch while I did so. I was about to go to bed again when she replied to my reply. I felt a further reply was warranted, and had another extra scotch. Result: I was even later going to bed than usual, and a little squify from the barley juice. I knew I had to be up earlier than usual this morning, because I was due to make a trip to Nottingham to see Helen. I woke up an hour before the alarm and couldn’t go back to sleep.

So... Off I went to Nottingham. I bought a roller blind for my kitchen, walked a lot, had conversations with several strangers, and gave some money to a beggar with an Irish accent who was honest enough to tell me he wanted it for a drink. I like that. I really like that. If I have the money to buy an Irishman a drink, I will. They’ve earned it in my book. Oh, and I told the guard on the train that she was nice - because she was.

And of course, best of all, I had a lovely day with Helen. Helen is pretty spiffing.

It’s now some way past midnight and I’m tired. I think I might aim to be in bed for about 1.30; an early night is definitely called for.

Is this an interesting life?

So that’s why there’s no blog from me today. Unless you count this. You’re really disappointed, aren’t you? Right.

3 comments:

Nuutj said...

I am not disappointed. Many posts in my blog are like this. I stopped by and read your posts.

Mother Moon said...

sometimes the simple day to day occurances are just as good.... enjoyed it...

JJ said...

Thank you ladies. It's often the little things that mean the most. If people learned to appreciate the small, simple pleasures, there wouldn't be so much fighting and stealing, would there?